Whether buttons are destined to be the shining stars of your project or to blend into the background, whether they’re functional or purely decorative, learn to sew them on properly and securely. Curious about adding a zipper instead? Okay, let’s do it! (There’s not much to it!) In two hours, you’ll make a little button-embellished zippered pouch to keep things in. Make more, and you’ll have a pretty pile of tiny gifts – or of tiny gift holders!
Class is Saturday, July 23, 2021 at 3:15PM EST
- a dense, bulky fabric that will support the weight of the buttons, won’t get caught in the zipper, and won’t require a lining. Use something fun from your stash. You are welcome to hold two or more strands together.
- Needles/Hook: Whatever works with the yarn(s) you have chosen.
- blunt needle for seaming knitted/crocheted fabric
- at least three buttons (sizes can vary)
- one with four holes
- one with two holes
- one with no holes and with a shank on the back
- 4″ non-separating zipper
- needle for sewing on buttons and zipper
- at least two colors of thread
- one to match or to contrast with the buttons or fabric – your choice!
- one to contrast with both the zipper and the knitted/crocheted fabric
There is homework for this class. Homework will be sent in an email along with class handouts.
Must be able to knit or crochet a small fabric sample as homework.