Students will learn a different way to knit and purl, progress into ribbing and then to work double knitting. Once they are comfortable with the double knitting concept, we are going to work on the headband project that is two color double knitting. That will include learn how to read the chart, produce double fabric and control tension on separate hands (one for each color) using Portuguese Style.
Class is Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 11:00AM EST.
- DK weight yarn in two contrasting colors both to practice and for the project.
- Project Materials: 2 skeins of Wool Cotton by Rowan
- (50% merino, 50% cotton – 50g/123 yards [112 m] each) OR any yarn that gives you
- Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rounds = 4″ (10 cm)
- Needles: size US 4 (3.5mm) circular needles 16? long or size to obtain gauge.
- Portuguese Knitting pins can be purchased at https://www.andreawongknits.com
There is homework for this class. Homework will be sent in an email along with class handouts.
Experience with double knitting