How to dye yarn and fiber in a pot on your stove.
Class is Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 8:30AM EST.
- 4oz of white/natural grey fiber or yarn to dye: (Wool/Silk/Nylon Not cotton/bamboo/viscose)
- Vinegar (or citric acid): Cider vinegar works but yarn smells like pickles
- Acid Dye: Demonstration will use Jacquard acid dyes, can also use WashFast, Dharma, Greener Shades, Prochem
- A large pan/pot that fiber/yarn will fit in with spare space: I use 12qt
- Liquid Measuring Cup: Needs to be able to withstand near boiling water. I use 2c pyrex
- A smooth spoon: I prefer wood
- 1/4 Teaspoon measuring spoon: Or two
- Colander/Strainer that fiber/yarn will fit in
- Stove/Induction Burner/Hot Plate
- Sink: That colander/strainer fits in
- After Class: Bathtub, Coat-hanger, Place to hang dripping fiber/yarn
Homework: There is homework for this class. Homework will be sent in an email along with class handouts.
Need to have a stove and be able to maintain a sub-boiling temperature on a pot of water.