Love those classic diamond shapes called Argyle, but are mystified about how to accomplish them? In this class, you will learn the classic technique of knitting Argyle flat, along with a seaming method that makes the seam nearly invisible and not bulky. Students will make an Argyle sample swatch, learning how to wrap yarns to prevent holes, how to add in bobbins, and other Argyle tips and tricks. You will also learn the calculations to design your own Argyle diamond patterns for different gauges. You’ll discover the fun of watching these diamonds grow, but beware, Argyle can become addictive!
Class is Friday, July 23, 2021 at 7:15 PM EST
- Straight needles
- Size 5 (or 16? circular can be used to knit flat)
- DK wt wool yarn, 4 colors. 20 grams of main color, 10 grams of CC #1 (for diamond), 10 grams of CC #2 (for diamond), 5 grams of CC #3 (for criss-cross). The Criss-cross color should contrast with all the other colors.
- highlighter tape or post-it notes
- locking stitch markers or knitters’ pins
- tapestry needle that will work with DK weight yarn
- Small knitting bobbins (EZ Bobs recommended)
There is homework for this class. Homework will be sent in an email along with class handouts.
Participants should be able to accomplish long tail cast on, basic sts (K, P, SSK, K2 tog).Having worked with a chart will be helpful, but a quick overview of that skill will be covered in class as well.