By twisting or wrapping your warp yarns you can weave distinctive textures and patterns in your cloth. Learn to weave lace-like open areas as parts of a design throughout the fabric or as a notable edge treatment. Discover how to make leno and then master the art of adding beads to the patterns. See how beads can make the weaving pop! If you’ve ben looking for ways to add more interest to your weaving, these techniques will get you there. You too can create cloth that is visually stunning.
Class is Friday, July 23, 2021 at 3:00PM EST and 7:15PM
- Warped loom as described in homework
- 350 – 400 yards of solid color worsted weight yarn that is at least 2 ply, non-hairy, strong and smooth (this includes your warp yarn). Yarn should be wound into balls before class.
- about 200 beads that will fit on your yarn doubled (I used 6/0 glass beads)
- tapestry needle
- cardboard tube from inside a paper towel roll
- 2 brown paper grocery bags
- pick up stick, strip of cardboard that is 1″ – 1.5″ x 10″
There is homework for this class. Homework will be sent in an email along with class handouts.
Must be able to warp the loom on their own