Petite Boxy sweaters are seamless, knitted from the top down with circular yoke with a twist: they have fitted yoke, fitted sleeves, some ease on the body and “kinda” cropped! Participants will receive a size inclusive ‘Petite Boxy’ sweater pattern as a gift. The pattern will be helpful as a guide to follow the steps of the Top-down seamless circular yoke sweater, with the Petite Boxy characteristics and finishing!
- Choosing your size and understanding ease
- Details of every step of the construction: -Tubular Cast On and back neck shaping; -Yoke (how increases are organized and the possibilities with colorwork, textured stitches)
- Concept of this class: Understanding the “Petite Boxy style”, breaking up this construction in steps and giving specific tips so more people can knit their own sweaters, and, most of all, having a great knitting time!
- Separation body and sleeves (why and how to Cable Cast On at the wrong side)
- Body (best moment for alterations)
- Sleeves (how to and pick up stitches for 3 D shaping, eliminating underarm holes and seaming!)
- Tubular Bind Off
Class is Friday July, 23, 2021 at 3:30PM EST and 7:00PM EST
- The complementary pattern;
- About 50 yds of worsted yarn;
- Two 16 inch circular needles from US 6 (4 mm) to US 9 (5.5 mm). Whatever size that works better for you. If you don’t have two needles on the same size, there is no problem! Use the bigger needles to CO and the smaller needle to transfer the provisional CO sts. Gauge is not crucial for the class exercises;
- One crochet hook with the same size as your chosen needle
- Stitch markers;
- Waste yarn in contrasting color (not crucial, but if you have cotton yarn it will be easier to undo the provisional CO sts!)
There is homework for this class. Homework will be sent in an email along with class handouts.
knit in the round, increases, decreases