Since most of my students love to purl Portuguese Style, we are going to work on circular mode, purling the project around. We might introduce one or more colors to it, increase and decrease from the non-public side and discuss commercial patterns that use Stocking Stitch to take advantage in how to work Portuguese Style inside out. It sounds more complicated that really is. If you know the basics already, this class is for you! A hat pattern is included in the class.
Class is Friday, July 23, 2021 at 3:00PM EST
- One skein of Koigu 100% Wool – Merino – 175 yards (160 meters) 50 grams (1.76 ounces) AND
- one skein of Rowan Silk Haze – 70% Goat – Mohair – 229 yards (209 meters) 25 grams (0.88 ounces) held together for the entire project.
- any yarn that gives you gauge: 22 stitches and 34 rounds = 4 inches
- Needles: size US #7 (4.5 mm) 16 inches long.
- Notions: tapestry needle, removable markers and scissors
- For Practice: worsted weight yarn light color, Knitting needle US#6 or 7.
- Portuguese Knitting pins can be purchased at https://www.andreawongknits.com
Cast on, Knit, Purl, Increase, Decrease, Cast off